Meet the key staff members of K9 Korral Dog and Supply Center:
|Jeffrey Andrew||Mark Shambour||Kerry Koppin||Rocko|
Accreditations: PDT, CTSAMP, CSAMP, OIMT, CSAMT, CSMT, CSLAP, CFAP, ACP, FEOP
- Puppy & Dog Trainer/Training – Private, Group & Class Obedience Instruction for Positive Results
- Therapeutic Massage
- Sports Massage
- Integrated Touch Therapy
- Innovative Pet Touch Massage
- Effective Pet Touch Massage For Senior Dogs
- Acupressure-(includes Horses)
- Animal Communication-(includes Horses)
- Reiki-(includes Horses)
- Flower Essences
- Essential Oils
- First Aid
- Body Talk for Dogs1course
- Photonic Acupressure Therapy
- Chakra Balancing & Positional Release-(October 2009)
- Animal Speak-(October 2009)
- Ttouch-(December 2009)
Remember, in your dog’s eyes, you’re the pack leader. If you are a good leader, he will follow. If not, he will challenge you.
Jeffery has experience in dog training since 1974 with his own dogs: Gypsy, shepard/husky mix; Luke, German Shepard; Pampet, Irish Settler; Ajax, White Shepard; and Cuda, Rottweiler — enough for now. Also, Jeffery was in a test group for the first of it’s kind program once he gradated high school and chose dog training to participate in a2-year program and excelled so quickly his instructors called him a natural. Received his Dog Training Degree in 1978 and has continued on with continuing education and enjoys what he does and shows it by volunteering many hours. Jeffery is an AKC Canine Good Citizen Instructor & Evaluator. He has trained with his own dogs: Obedience, Rally, Agility, Assistance Service Dog tasks.
Jeffery is Associated with:
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers, Professional Member
- International Positive Dog Training Association, Gold Member
- International Association of Animal Massage Therapy, Member
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners,
- Member of Sarasota Obedience Training Club
- Assistant Obedience Class Instructor (past)
- Facilities Registrar (past)
- Member Humane Society of Sarasota County
- Massage Instructor-volunteer
- Canine Good Citizen tester-volunteer
- Assistant Obedience Class Instructor (past)
- Acumassage volunteer-(mascot – Mandy Sue)
- Dog Walker Volunteer
- Behaviorist Volunteer
- Demo Volunteer
- Member Best Friend’s Animal Society, Member, Sponsor, Volunteer
- American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Member, Sponsor
He has completed the following educational courses & seminars:
- Assess-A-Pet-Understanding Aggression
- Assess-A-Pet-Understanding our Adopters
- Look-Hear & Smell from a dog’s perspective
- On the ground look up see from the dogs eye’s
- Shaping How & when to move on positively
- Bite-O-Meter Hands on Dogs-Understanding Aggression
- Handling-Aggressive,Prey-Driven or Anxious Dogs with Touch & Positive Reinforcement
- Seeing is believing positive puppy & dog training
- Dog Behavior & Aggression on the right path
- 5-Day Instructor’s Workshop, Behavior, Tracking, Obedience Training
- 5-Day Dog Behavior & Training
- Obedience Training & Methodology Seminar for Developing Learning Skills & Behavior Knowledge
- Ttouch-1&2-continuing 2 year course
- Small animal therapeutic massage
- Small animal sports massage
- Small animal acupressure
- Large animal acupressure
- Large animal massage
- TAG teach Primary Seminar
- Tracking Informational Presentation
- Body Talk Primary Seminar
- Working with Essential Oils Humans & Animals
- The Missing Link – Essential Oils
- Body Wrapping for dogs
- Dancing with your dog
- Getting the rhythm with your dog
- Getting applause with your dog
- Nutrition for Dogs & Cats
- Horse Anatomy
- Dog Anatomy
- Introduction to Meridians
- Bladder Points
- Body Language watch & see
- Special Geriatric Handling for dogs
- Respiratory Enhancement techniques
- Relaxing your Dog with touch
- Aggression, what to watch for
- Supplements what and how to use for your dog’s diet
- Clicker Training 101
- Boat Safety for dogs
Accreditations: PDT, CGCE
Mark is a firm believer in positive behavior training. He trained with Stewart Kennels in 1978, where old fashioned methods were used with choke collars, etc. It is good to know both methods and prefer to use a more positve approach. He believes that good personal relation skills are important in communication with the pet handler so they can grow together as a team and build the bond that is necessary.
Canine Good Citizen (CGC) – Evaluator
Training with his own dogs in: Obedience, Agility, Rally and Assistance Service Dog tasks
Mark is a member of:
- International Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners
- Sarasota Obedience Training Club, Assistant Obedience Instructor (past)
- Humane Society Sarasota County – Member
- Obedience Instructor-Volunteer
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Tester- Volunteer
- CGC instructor – volunteer
- Coinstructor Massage – Volunteer
- Events setup – Volunteer
- Shelter dog Trainer – Volunteer
Mark is an instructor for:
- Private & Group Positive Obedience Trainer
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Tester & Evaluator (CGC)
Dog Training Instructor
Kerry got her start in pet dog training classes in 1974 when she enrolled in her first class with her Michigan Humane Society adopted dog Punky. It was a rough start the first night as Punky had gotten out of the yard and was lost. Kerry went to class, dogless and all of her instructors held high hope that Kerry and Punky would be in class the next week. Hope came through and for the next seven weeks Kerry and Punky built the bond that comes from training your dog. That was just the beginning and now over 30 years later she is still active in helping people learn how to teach their dogs and build the bond that she has shares with all of her canine pals.
Kerry has a new family dog training challenge in her household. In December, 2009 Kerry and her husband adopted a12 week old puppy from the Humane Society. It has been almost 20 years since Kerry has lived and personally trained with a young puppy the age of her new little pal Zelda.
Due to a puppy illness, Zelda was not able to attend Puppy Kindergarten so she lost out on the important time of socializing with puppies her same age but being home schooled with adult dogs has been beneficial for both Zelda and Kerry. Zelda has completed her Family Dog I class and is currently enrolled in our Really Reliable Recall class. Zelda and Kerry are both looking forward to our Family Dog II class and working together as a team to pass the American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen test.
“Having a puppy in my own home has been challenging and rewarding at the same time. Zelda is bright and quick to learn. With the experience of adopting a puppy instead of an older dog I am finding the importance of being consistent and persistent in what I am teaching Zelda. What Zelda has taught me as an owner and trainer I am able to share this experience with our students and their dogs and puppies. This is what I love about dog training and being a part of the K9 Korral family!”
- Experience in pet dog training and instructing since 1990 including puppy, beginner, and intermediate including American Kennel Club® Canine Good Citizen® program and AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy.
- Lure and reward training and Clicker training
- Adoption Manager/Breed Rescue Coordinator for the Humane Society of Sarasota County, Inc.
- Instructor of the Post Adoption Behavior Class for the Humane Society of Sarasota County, Inc.
- Assists Matchmaker/K-9 Coaching programs for the Humane Society of Sarasota County, Inc.
- American Kennel Club® Canine Good Citizen® Program Evaluator
- Member of Sarasota Obedience Training Club
- Past Assistant Obedience Trainer – Sarasota Obedience Training Club
- Experience working with many different breeds including mixed breeds and rescue dogs and puppies
Rocko is a 4 year old American Bulldog. Rocko is a cool dog. He helps us in training with dogs because he is so calm. Rocko is very good at sending calming signals which most animals like including horses. Rocko also has a busy life as a certified medical alert assistance/service dog.
Rocko’s tasks include the following:
- Mobility – Help’s with walking keeping you sturdy, balances person at curbs & stairs.
- Braces – Freeze’s his body in front of you so you can push down on him to help you off the floor, etc…
- Alerts to Stranger Danger – Let’s you know calmly if danger is approaching.
- Sends Calming Signals
- Search & Find – Finds vechile he arrived in.
- Search & Find – Lost Owner
- Hearing Alerts – Let’s you know if alarm sounds.
- Helps up and down stairs
- Smells & Feels Body Chemical Changes & Either (alerts 15 – 30 minutes before occurence) or Calms you to lessen the Severiety – Seizures, Anxiety,Stress,Panic Attacks,Migraines, Ureic Acid levels, Blood Sugars,Etc…
What more can I say, the lives he touch’s are so warm and kind.
We have made some good friends over the past 2 years.
Rocko, I love you.
Australian Cattle Dog mix
Dewey is a 7 year old Australian Cattle Dog mix. Dewey is quite the character. He works and plays hard in FlyBall, Agility & Obiedence.
Dewey is an animal shelter dog that became a medical alert assistance service dog. He goes to work everyday with Mark and monitors his stress and anxiety levels. He greets many people and is therapeutic to not only his handler but also those whose lives he touches. He likes to play doggie police with other dogs, as he is a herding dog and needs order. We call it the “little guy” syndrome. His alert could curl your hair but his disposition will make you melt.